- Manny Ramirez, you are forgiven for the first eight innings of last night's game.
- Jason Varitek, we ain't mad at ya for going 0-4, since the Globe brought this to our attention:
"I remember when I came to the clubhouse today," Ramírez told Mota, "Varitek told me, 'Hey, you can't leave Boston without a home run.' I said, 'You know it.'
Excellent game plan, sir.
- Jonathan Papelbon, you are forgiven for putting your pants back on.
- J.D. Drew, you are forgiven for not being Stephen Drew.
- As far as we're concerned, David Ortiz has never done anything wrong, or we'd forgive him, too.
- And, oh, Josh Beckett, for your Game 1 performance, we forgive you five to six bad relationship and/or facial hair choices. Don't make us regret it.